In Microsoft terms a video conference is called a Meeting. You can have a meeting with Participants Inside Your Organization (PIYO) and/or Participants Outside Your Organization (POYO). PIYOs are only those participants who have an email address in the same domain as you. If any of your desired Participants are Outside your organization, please view this article instead.
What you need to create the meeting:
- A computer with a camera and a microphone
- An internet connection
- An appropriate MS Office 365 license
- A browser or the Teams App (but the Teams App is strongly suggested)
What the PIYOs needs to join the meeting:
- A PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android phone.
- An internet connection, or a cellular data plan.
- If you want to be able to see and hear the PIYO through Teams, their device requires a camera and microphone.
- The PIYO should have a Teams/Microsoft account.
What is Microsoft Teams?:
Work remotely without feeling remote
Get started with Teams:
Take your first steps
Meet with people inside your organization:
Video conference with someone inside your organization
Meet with people outside your organization:
Video conference with someone outside your organization
Join a Meeting:
How to join a meeting as an outside participant.
Several suggestions to easily navigate the many features
- While you can participant in Meetings using a browser, the full App will provide a better experience.
With Teams your company can provide the tools to allow your employees to quickly and easily work together emulating online the environment of a typical office. Despite the geographic distances, they can easily speak face-to-face or in groups, chat and catch up on the latest details, look over each other’s shoulders as they collaborate on a document, and scan the company’s document library.
Best of all, these tools are absolutely free.
Start a Meeting with one or more PIYOs
If you have questions about this, please let us know and we will be happy to assist you.