How to delete all cookies from the most popular browsers
This article walks you through deleting all cookies from each of the most popular browsers.
What are cookies?
HDF InfoLine article
How to clear the cache and cookies in your Web Browser
University of Iowa
Deleting your cookies may also remove saved usernames and perhaps passwords. Please make sure you have these documented somewhere before deleting your cookies.
Select your browser from the following list:
How to delete cookies from Chrome
Google Chrome can be installed on many devices — please select the device you are using from the list below.
From your Windows or Mac computer
- Open Chrome.
- In the top right-hand corner of the browser, you will see an icon with three dots, Click on this icon.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Advanced.”
- Click on “Clear browsing data.”
- Under the “All cookies and site data” heading, you can customize which cookies to delete based on options such as a specific time range.
- Finally, you can complete the deletion by clicking “Clear data.” You can also clear your cache, which is where your computer stores previously viewed websites so they can be loaded faster on future visits.
From your Android device
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app.
- To the right of the address bar, tap on “More,” or the icon that looks like three dots, and then select “Settings.”
- Tap on the “Privacy” category and then select “Clear browsing data.”
- Here you can personalize your selections for which cookies to delete by selecting a specific time range.
- Once you have made your selections, you can then check “Cookies and site data.” Uncheck all the other items.
- Tap “Clear data.”
From your iOS device
- On your device, launch the Chrome app.
- At the top right, tap on the three dots, scroll down, and then select “Settings.”
- Under settings, tap “Privacy” then “Clear browsing data.”
- Select “Cookies, site data” and uncheck all other items.
- Tap on “Clear browsing data.”
- Then select “Done.”
How to delete cookies from Microsoft Edge
From your Windows PC:
- Launch Microsoft Edge
- Go to the “More” menu and select “Settings.”
- Scroll to “Clear browsing data,” select “Cookies and saved website data,” and then select “Clear.”
How to delete cookies from Safari
From your Mac:
- Open Safari.
- Select “Preferences” from the drop-down Safari menu
- Click on “Privacy,” then on “Manage website data.”
- Click on “Remove all” from the drop-down menu.
From your iOS device
- Go into the “Settings” menu on your device.
- Scroll down to “Safari” and click “Advanced,” then “Website data”
- Tap on “Clear history and website data” to clear cookies.
How to delete cookies from Firefox
From your Windows or Mac computer:
- Open Firefox on your computer.
- In the upper right-hand corner of the browser, click the menu bars, which look like three parallel lines, and click the “Privacy” tab.
- Here you can select “Clear your recent history.”
- Be sure that only “Cookies” is checked, and then select the time frame for which you would like to delete your cookies. If you want to delete all cookies, select “Everything.”
- Double-check your selections to make sure that other items you want to keep are not selected, and then hit “Clear now.”
From your Android device:
The specific steps may vary based on your model of android phone and which version of Firefox it is running. Look for the menu icon (three bars) located at the top right corner. On older Android devices, you’ll have to press the hardware menu key and then tap “More.”
- Go to the “Settings” menu.
- Look for “Privacy & security” and select “Clear private data.”
- Select “Cookies & active logins.”
- After you have made your selection, tap “Clear data.”
From your iOS device:
- Open Firefox.
- In the lower right-hand corner of the browser window, click the menu bar icon (it looks like three parallel lines).
- Select “Settings.”
- Scroll down to “Privacy.”
- Select “Clear private data.”
- Make sure only “Cookies” is selected, then tap on “Clear private data.”
If you have questions about this, please let us know and we will be happy to assist you.