Did Outlook stop working for you?
Microsoft pushed out an update to Outlook which prevents users from viewing or creating emails. They are working on a fix and may have already resolved the problem by the time you read this. If you are still having problems, please close and restart Outlook. If that does not resolve the problem, then please reach out to HDF for assistance. We do have a solution.
If you don’t use O365 email or you are not experiencing problems in Outlook, then you can ignore this article.
* The problem will not affect everyone. Just those who were automatically updated on May 10th or 11th.
* If the problem manifests itself on your computer, then you will be able to open email messages, but they will appear blank. New email messages will also appear blank.
* The problem is just with Outlook with O365 email.
* Other ways to access your O365 email are not affected (browser based, Android, iPhone, etc.)
* The solution is to roll back the update. We can help you with this, or you can follow the steps outlined below.
Microsoft to fix Outlook bug that prevents viewing or creating email
SHARE THIS ARTICLE!
Please feel free to share this article with your colleagues, friends and family!
If you would like to fix the problem and you are reasonably comfortable using the Windows Command Prompt, then:
1. Close Outlook
2. Open a Command Prompt with administrator privileges.
3. Type the following line exactly and then press the Enter key:
“C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ClickToRun\officec2rclient.exe” /update user updatetoversion=16.0.13901.20462
Note: You must include the quote marks and spaces
4. A popup will inform you that the update is being installed. Wait for a popup which will inform you that the update is finished.
5. Restart your Outlook program
If you have questions about this, please let us know and we will be happy to assist you.