How do I log into a computer that is connected to the Azure O365 Cloud by HDF network?
The login process is straight forward, and similar to other networks, but there are some unique characteristics you should be aware of.
The top/primary article.
Description of an OnPrem Network:
How a typical non-Azure O365 Cloud by HDF network works.
Description of an Azure O365 Cloud by HDF Network:
How a the Azure O365 Cloud by HDF network works.
How to use a PIN or password to log into your computer.
Accessing shared files:
How to access shared files.
When things are not working the way they should.
Azure O365 Cloud by HDF
This article only applies to those who use this new network configuration. If you are not sure what type of network or services you are using, please contact HDF.
With an Azure O365 Cloud by HDF network, your login credentials are verified with those stored for you in the Azure cloud. This is the same way that an OnPrem server works, except the credentials are stored in the cloud instead of on a local server. Even in the event that the computer is not currently connected to the Internet, the login procedure works the same: your entered credentials are compared to the latest copy stored on your laptop.
PIN: The big difference is that the Azure O365 Cloud by HDF network requires you to also have a PIN to be able to log in. This PIN is created when your computer is joined to the network. You should know the following about the PIN:
- Your computer will probably prompt you for your PIN when you turn on your computer. If you wish to log in with your password instead:
- Click the “Sign-in options” link
- Click the Password icon (looks like a key)
- The PIN can only be used to log into a computer locally. That is, it can not be used to access a computer remotely. That provides the security of the PIN. It can not be used by a hacker trying to remote into your computer. You must be physically in front of your computer to use the PIN.
- The PIN will only work on “this” computer. It is stored locally on a computer, and will only work on that computer. You can set the same PIN to work on more than one computer, but if you change it on one computer, it will not be changed on any other.
- The PIN can either be a string of digits at least 6 digits long, or it can be a combination of letters and digits. This can be set when the computer is joined to the network.
- You can change your PIN by:
- Click the Start button
- Click the Settings icon (looks like a gear)
- Click “Accounts”
- Click “Sign-in options”
- Scroll down to PIN, and click “Change”
- NOTE! Please let HDF know your new PIN
- Do not click the “Enter” button after entering your PIN. The computer will log you in immediately after you enter the final character of the PIN.
If you have questions about this, please let us know and we will be happy to assist you.